Flag

Friday, April 18, 2008

Whoaa!!!

I had a really different wake-up this morning!! There I was, sleeping peacefully, when all of a sudden I felt like someone was shaking my bed really hard!! I woke up in a panic (sort of like when you wake up suddenly from a nightmare, if you've ever had that experience) and was looking around for whoever it was who had gotten in my room. It turned out that there had been a 5.2 earthquake about 80 or so miles north of here (I'm at Ft. Knox, Kentucky, just south of Louisville). I have to admit, that was one freaky way to wake up. Fortunately there was no damage, but if something can make a building built on a really solid foundation with concrete block walls move like that even when it's not a "strong" earthquake, I don't want to be anywhere near a strong one!!

3 comments:

thecaillouets said...

i think i wouold have had some heart problems if i woke up to that!!!!

Jessica said...

ahhh! i would have peed my pants having my bed shook and not knowing what caused it until later.

Holly said...

Yikes, that would of scared the life out of me. I didn't even know that there had been an earthquake, guess I need to watch the news once in a while :)